SEEKINGBand to Join, Background Singer, Bass Guitar, Drums, Electronic Music, Keyboard, Lead Guitar, Other, Other Percussion, Piano, Rhythm Guitar, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Upright bass, Violin, Vocalist, Vocalist - Alto, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Soprano, Vocalist - Tenor.
Hi there! My name is Joe. My description might sound similar to a lot of other people's on this site, but bear with me. I've been playing guitar for nearly over 10 years now, and what began as a hobby and something to do when I started secondary school turned into the thing that I’m now building a career on.
In the years since I started I’ve branched into multiple genres, and learnt how to play new instruments. I've been a part of nearly a dozen bands, including one that was signed to a local record label. I've since graduated my Creative Music Technology course with a first class honours, and I’m keen to get back out in the world to put my skills to good use.
I enjoy playing anything from Blues to Folk, and Funk to Rock, or even just meeting up for jam and seeing what evolves from it. Truth be told I'm just happy as long as I have an instrument in my hand. When I'm writing my own stuff I make ambient music and experiment with the use of space and reverb in my compositions. This experimentation has fed into the way I play live and with bands, allowing me to put the large collection of guitar pedals and effects I've accumulated over the years to good use.
I’m not naive. I'm aware of the kind of industry I’ve entered into and I understand that expecting to get a solid job as a musician is wishful thinking. But I also know that I've put too much effort into all this to just let it all go to waste. So even if it means bringing it all back to being a hobby again, it will be worth it. ...at least at first anyway.
If you or someone you know has need of a musician that can play guitar and bass in a wide range of genres, get in contact. I'm a fun and useful person to have in a band (or on your studio album), and I love meeting new people. And I love making music with them even more.
Hope that covers everything. I'm terrible with these kinds of things.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Sep 21 2016
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 4-5 nights a week
- Most available:
In no particular order:
Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Frusciante, Rory Gallagher, Foo Fighters, Nile Rodgers, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Rolling Stones, Ben Howard, Kiev, Ratatat, Geoff Barrow, Darren Korb, Pino Paladino, Mark Knopfler, BB King, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Royal Blood, Torche, Part Chimp, Baroness, Red Fang.
The list goes on and on...
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Lead Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar:
- Electronic Music:
- Bass Guitar:
- Background Singer:
- Fender Mustang with P90 pickups.
- Squire Affinity Stratocaster. Iron Gear Texas Loco pickups, new electronics, improved playability and custom artistic/relic design. (This has been a project guitar for nearly 5 years now. It is also my favourite)
- Danelectro 59 Double Cutaway.
- Epiphone SG 400.
- Fender CD60M with cutaway Electro-Acoustic.
- Ibanez Gio GSR200B-WNF Bass Guitar.
- Orange Micro Terror head with an 8 inch cab. (Currently looking for a cab which is big enough for gigs).
- Fender Rumble V3 200w Bass Amp.
- Numerous guitar pedals including; Boss Turbo Distortion, Boss Blues Driver, EHX Big Muff, Akai Phase Shifter, Digitech Supernatural Reverb, TC Electronic Ditto Looper, EHX Superego, VOX Wah Wah, Digitech Bass Synth Wah.
- Other effects include those created on my computer using programs such as MAX MSP and Ableton Live. These effects use techniques such as granular synthesis, and sonic manipulation to create real time ambient soundscapes with guitar lines played live. An example can be found on my Soundcloud in the track 'Tint'.