Enthusiastic, well equipped and young yet experienced drummer seeking to progress professional career and engage with new opportunities.
- Experience playing with bands (rock, pop, alternative, etc), choirs (pop), instrumental ensembles and solo musicians. Currently most gigs are with a covers/function band.
- Experience in recording studios recording drums with multiple artists/acts of different styles. Mostly rock/pop.
- Focus on 'groove' and 'playing for the song' as well as ability and experience working openly with and listening to other musicians/producers in order to play what is wanted and what is needed.
- Has distinction at grade eight drum kit examination (LCM)
- Pro-level equipment and good knowledge of instrument and how to make it sound good and right for a particular musical setting.
- Experience singing backing vocals while playing drums.
- Currently working day job with flexible hours and mostly free evenings especially during the week.
- Willing and able to travel with equipment.
- Recent university graduate with first-class honours degree in Popular music and English.
In summary, I am a 22 year old drummer with countless gigging experiences under my belt of different styles and in different situations. I'm easy going, friendly and reliable. I am keen to play to all sorts of music and hope to eventually take my playing to a fully professional level without forgetting why I started in the first place.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Sep 18 2014
- Active within 1 month
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 4-5 nights a week
- Most available:
A few bands/artists...:
Ben folds (five)
Jimmy Eat World
Queens of the Stone Age
A few drummers...:
- Mapex Saturn series drum kit (Maple and walnut): 12, 14, 16 and 18" toms, 24" bass and 14x7" matching snare.
- Ludwig Acrolite 14x5" snare drum (aluminium).
- Ludwig Black Beauty 14x6.5" snare drum (Nickel over brass).
- Selection of top end Zildjian cymbals including K, A custom, and A ranges.
- Mapex Hardware
- Hardcase cases
Team Earth by Lights in the Sea
Team Earth by Lights in the Sea Year: 2014 Genre: Rock
Debut single from 'Lights in the Sea'. www.facebook.com/lightsinthesea
The Consequence by Penny on a Chain
The Consequence by Penny on a Chain Year: 2014 Album: The Runaway Genre: Other
A track taken from the album 'The Runaway' by Penny on a Chain. I played drums for all but one track on the album and sang backing vocals on one track. Hear more of the album here: www.soundcloud.com/pennyonachain