SEEKINGBand to Join, Vocalist - Tenor, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Other Percussion, Keyboard, Piano, Other, Banjo, Mandolin, Ukulele.
I am a guitarist, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter looking to either join or form a band of either original material or covers. I record my own music with a BR-900 Digital Recording Studio by overdubbing all the instruments. I have perform at many open mic events and festivals around the Hull area either as a solo artist or when accompanying other artists.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Nov 09 2015
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 50 to 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
The Beatles, Nirvana, Tom Waits, The White Stripes, The Doors, The Who, The Kinks, Jimi Hendrix, Simon & Garfunkel, Syd Barrett, Les Paul and Mary Ford, Frank Zappa, The Velvet Underground, The Sex Pistols, The Clash, The Jam, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Green Day, Meat Loaf, Beck, Queen, Nick Drake, System Of A Down
Tanglewood Les Paul electric guitar
Fender Squire Stratocaster electric guitar
Tanglewood electric 12 string (Rickenbacker) electric guitar
Brian May Red Special electric guitar
Ibanez RG Series electric guitar
Ovation Celebrity 6 string acoustic guitar
Ashton 12 string acoustic guitar
Fender Brown Derby Dobro
Fender Squire P-Bass guitar
Ibanez SDGR Bass guitar
Tanglewood acoustic mandolin
Clearwater electric mandolin
Ozark Irish bazouki
Yamaha electric keyboard
Marshall MG series 10CD guitar amp
Fender Rumble 15 bass amp
Peavey Vyper guitar amp
Zoom G2.1u effects pedal
Digitech Grunge effects pedal
Digitech Brain May Red Special effects pedal
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff effects pedal
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay effects pedal
Z.Vex Effects Woolly Mammoth effects pedal
Carol Of The Bells
Carol Of The BellsA guitar instrumental of 'Carol Of The Bells'
1) The All-Knowing Scarecrow
1) The All-Knowing ScarecrowThe All-Knowing Scarecrow V1) Time has told us to tend to the fields, Down the mountain side, And to the fruit bearing trees, whose mighty roots grow, Deep and wide Chorus Anchored to the earth by an old apron string, With total awareness of everything, Though he appears blustered when he’s blown to and fro, The world’s in his head, he’s the all-knowing scarecrow V2) One fine day, he can see migrating birds, Leaving one by one, And, on another, he’ll see the valleys, Where the rivers run Chorus Middle 8 Drenched in the rainfall and weaving in the breeze, Then gazing to the sky as the sun shines through the trees, Like a zoetrope lantern, he’s always kept abreast, For all of the empire goes through his hollow chest, From Summer to Autumn to Winter to Spring, From Argentina to Beijing Chorus
2) Dancing For The Sake Of It
2) Dancing For The Sake Of ItDancing For The Sake Of It V1) Welcome in monsieur, come along, step right this way, You’ve come at such a wonderful time because the dance is underway, It’s your blooming birthday? Well, bon anniversaire! Get down upon the floor and strut your funky stuff without a care (You’ll find your feet at the end of your legs. Now use them!) We’re dancing, we’re dancing, nothing to answer for, Luh lie luh lie luh lie luh lie, luh lie luh lie luh lie, There’s room upon the ceiling if there’s no room on the floor, Lie lie lie lie, la luh lie luh lie V2) A hundred hearts all hammering with twice as many feet, Engaging in a ritual that never will be obsolete, The captain of the guard, never seen without his gun, Is getting up off of his chair and standing to atten-shun! (You’re gonna be outdone by a man with a broom up his arse? Come on!) We’re dancing, we’re dancing, with one hand waving free Luh lie luh lie luh lie luh lie, luh lie luh lie luh lie, Like snow white gulls that soar above the Mediterranean sea, Lie lie lie lie, la luh lie luh lie Let go of all your mental blocks, let go of all your senses, Because we dance like there’s no future and no consequences, It’s a dance of life and death and lives are on the line, Like rows of pretty flowers on the matrimony vine Solo Let go of all your mental blocks, let go of all your senses, And let go of your alibi’s and all your false pretences, Propelled along until our very souls begin to ache, A story told through movement that is never ever fake V3) The rhythm takes a hold of us and drags us through the mud, With spittle running down each face and all our shoes are filled with blood, Give in to all the contagiousness and ride upon the wave, We dance out of our mother’s womb and then we dance into our grave (COME ONE MAN, CONVINCE ME YOU STILL GOTTA PULSE IN YA!) We’re dancing, we’re dancing, through chorus, verse and refrain Luh lie luh lie luh lie luh lie, luh lie luh lie luh lie, And no one sleeps until the sun comes risign up again, Lie lie lie lie, la luh lie luh lie
3) Dashing Through The Fields
3) Dashing Through The FieldsDashing Through The Fields V1) Yeah-ee, we’re dashing through the fields, Don’t ask me if we’ll get there cos, frankly, I don’t know, Yeah-ee, we got to get there quickly, The shades of night of falling, there’s 20 miles to go We gotta get to higher ground, we gotta get to higher ground, Cos there’s nowhere to hide on the mountain side, oh yeah, We got no time to look around, we got no time to look around, We hit the road like Jack and the road hit back, oh yeah V2) Yeah-ee, I know just what you’re thinking, You’re worried that we’ll fail, no guarantees to find, Yeah-ee, you don’t know unless you try it, The shades of night are falling, there’s 10 miles left behind We gotta get to higher ground, we gotta get to higher ground, Where the bells all chime in the morning time, oh yeah, We got no time to look around, we got no time to look around, If you must, keep your eyes on the open skies, oh yeah V3) Yeah-ee, you see the great horizon, That once was in the distance is now so very near, Yeah-ee, your worries are all over, The shades of night are falling but now we’re in the clear We’ve gone and made it to higher ground, we’ve gone and made it to higher ground, We’re doing just fine on the mountain’s spine, oh yeah, Take your time and look around, take your time and look around, We’ve been going for hours and this moment is ours, oh yeah
4) Finger Painted Smile
4) Finger Painted SmileFinger Painted Smile V1) Now the day has begun to fade away, And while we sit together by a tree, Dragonflies, dancing in the open skies, Go downstream like an everlasting dream Chorus I can stay for a while, Gazing for a country mile, I can stay for a while, Though I’ll wear a finger painted smile V2) You and me know full well that later the, Painted red springtime sunset overheard, Will be gone and, in time, will rise upon, Foreign shores as you hold my hand in yours Chorus Middle 8 Even though I should be fine, The sunset’s turning grey, I can’t feel your hand in mine, I just can’t face the day V3) I can’t hide from the emptiness inside, Of me and that’s why, even though that grand, Open sky overhead is clear, I, Cannot see beyond my own misery Chorus
5) Cold And Lonely Places
5) Cold And Lonely PlacesCold And Lonely Places V1) There is a chill that moves in from afar, So perfect that they seem deformed, Nothing else to be found in the concrete ground, Where the angular patterns formed, Wheels in motion high above our heads, And two way mirrors in the halls, Rooms of steel and glass filling up with nerve gas, And transmitters hidden in the walls Chorus Look at the cold and lonely places Look at the cold and lonely places Look at the cold and lonely places Look at the cold… V2) Voices lost in echoes as they build, Empty faces wearing masks, With blood on their fingers, the sensation lingers, All the many mindless empty tasks, Forced by the pressure, they’re pacing the floor, And staring out into the night, A thousand will bending, a thousand stairs ascending, A thousand scenes in black and white Chorus Middle 8 Silence falls, they walk in line, Emptiness runs down my spine, Skies of grey watch over me, In this world of misery V3) Everyone’s trying to find a logical way, Of justifying all their time, Through mistrust, you see dreams of ecstasy, Turning into nightmares of crime, See all the weaknesses, pick all the faults, And watch as empires start to crack, This is all I can for and I have no shame for, Having no desire to come back Chorus
6) The Secret Policeman's Ballroom Waltz
6) The Secret Policeman's Ballroom WaltzThe Secret Policeman’s Ballroom Waltz Intro Turning off Queen’s Road down Ella Street, I see Sergeant Stander on his beat, His major priority, Is abusing his authority, In a manner most woefully indiscreet V1) When he started, things soon went amiss, Now it’s something we cannot dismiss, Corruption’s as high, As an elephant’s eye, And he is the cause of all this His influence in court he denied, Though the evidence was all falsified, And the hearing was fixed, As his eyes were transfixed, On the payment his friend did provide From Azerbaijan to old San Tropez, There’s nowhere you can go where he won’t get his way, If he approaches and you feel oppressed, You’re a belly button cos you’re under a vest V2) At lunchtime, through a restaurant door, You can hear his loathsome guffaw, As he shouts out “Hey, you! Bring me Irish stew! Irish stew in the name of the law!” Tis the most certain sign the world’s accursed, That the best things corrupted are the worst, So many want him dead, That I hope that the head, Of internal affairs gets to him first Oh, what a liberty! Oh, what a ponce! Treat him like he’s a pistol and fire him at once, Blinded to all of his obvious faults, He dances the secret policeman’s ballroom waltz Solo + Ladies and gentlemen, take your partners for the waltz From Azerbaijan to old San Tropez, There’s nowhere you can go where he won’t get his way, Blinded to all of his obvious faults, He dances the secret policeman’s ballroom waltz
7) Sir Thomas
7) Sir ThomasSir Thomas V1) One icy mid-December evening, Sir Thomas Demille, Stayed with his king in a castle by the sea, And there a maiden fairer than the snow on yonder hill, Said unto him “come spend the night with me” Assuming his king would wait for him before they rode away, He galloped to her chamber singing “foaly-oaly-ray-doo-day” V2) As he arose to freezing rain, he found to his surprise, The king and his whole entourage were gone, He bade farewell to his maiden and, though it was most unwise, He rode off as the blizzard raged on And as the storm descended, all the snow obscured his way, And he was never seen again, sing foaly-oaly-ray-doo-day V3) Today, between the hospital, the nightclub and the church, He rides his horse immortalised in stone, But some say when December’s snow covers the silver birch, And the night is dark and full of terrors unknown Sir Thomas comes to life and gallops down Ferensway, To find the king and all his men, sing foaly-oaly-ray-doo-day
8) Juan Tamad Meets Damocles
8) Juan Tamad Meets DamoclesJuan Tamad Meets Damocles V1) Well, the sun and the clouds are playing charades, I wish I was out in my wraparound shades, My friends call me John, I’m a jack of all trades, And a master of none. There’s work to do And I’m gonna do it, there’s no denying, But the deadline’s far away so there’s no point trying, And many hands make light work they are supplying, So there ain’t that much to do, Ima tellin’ ya Chorus Make hay when the sun shines, Motivated by deadlines, I will get down to it and finish with ease, When Juan Tamad meets Damocles X2 V2) Well I don’t care if you consider me to be lazy, Cos everyone is running around and acting all cu-razy, And I’m just sitting back, feeling fresh as a daisy, A’waitin’ ro hit the sack. I don’t mind because my Health…is more important to me than, Wealth…no anxiety or mandatory, Stealth…is gonna build up deep inside, And give me a heart attack, singin’ baby Chorus V3) Well, the sun and the clouds are playing charades, I wish I was out in my wraparound shades, My friends call me John, I’m a jack of all trades, And my mind has gone berserk, and I’ll tell ya why Time waits for no one and this is so, Cos I’ve only 48 hours left to go, I buckle down, knuckle down and use what I know, It’s time to get to work. GO!
9) PC Allen Flanagan
9) PC Allen FlanaganPC Allen Flanagan V1) A smash of glass and a siren screams, the gang is back in town, The Sugar Mill Mob are on the job, a heist is going down, They’re laughing at the police at work, the whole thing is a farce, But when PC Allen Flanagan comes, each one breathes out their arse Chorus It’s ah-lo-high-a-ling-ah and ah-ling-a-lee-a-lay, Down the street, across the road the duck back down the alleyway, PC Allen Flanagan’s walking down the thin blue line, To do some good while he still can, I reckon he’s doing fine V2) Straight as a ram rod, twice as thin, he can’t be stopped at all, I swear that he jumped over a tree and ran through a concrete wall, He arrested all the Sugar Mill Mob at 25 to 2, And now he’s back at the station cos there’s paperwork to do Chorus Solo Final Chorus It’s ah-lo-high-a-ling-ah and ah-ling-a-lee-a-lay, Down the street, across the road the duck back down the alleyway, PC Allen Flanagan’s walking down the thin blue line, To do some good while he still can, Do all that may become a man, And that has always been his plan, I reckon he’s doing fine
10) White Blood Cells
10) White Blood CellsWhite Blood Cells V1) A white dress and wedding bells, And flowers as numerous as your white blood cells, Cannot hide what is showing, There are bruises across your skin, And your life’s like a song that’s by Loretta Lynn, Bobby says “We’re going”, To be friends with the man that I’d love, To offend in every way I can think of, Cannot be in any way fun or easy-going V2) What really takes away my joy, Is expecting to see you return with the same boy, You’ve always known he’s not kind, You’re looking under the weather, And you can’t rely on the union forever, I think I smell a rat in his mind, Now I’m finding it harder to be, A gentleman as hate burns inside me, I can’t let him get away unconfined Middle 8 An anonymous tip led a squad car to go down Fort Street, And there, in a little room in the Hotel Yorba, Was Mary with Bobby beating a retreat, With marks on her skin and the place like a scene from Citizen Kane, His words amounted to a pile of dead leaves and, The dirty ground upon which he did stand, Disappeared underneath him. Mary never saw him again V3) Now, Mary fell in love with a girl, And she looks like she’s found a beautiful white pearl, In an aluminium can, I can’t wait to see her smile, When she and Suzy Lee drive off in style, To start their master plan, If I can learn to be, This protector, so can you because we, Can turn the world around within a lifespan
11) Another Working Day
11) Another Working DayAnother Working Day V1) Afternoon, love. How do you do? So, what can I do for you? Coming right up! So, did you pass, By the palaver at the statue of Sir Thomas? Roger said that Dylan said that Sergeant Stander, Has been arrested for the crime of slander, And PC Flanagan is being promoted Because he’s been so devoted, They both deserve what they receive, There is no demoting and there’s no reprieve, Oh yeah, it’s another working day V2) Hey, you know who came in today? That lazy John from down our way, You know, he has those wraparound shades, And he’s always down the arcades, I asked him why he leaves thing till late, He said good things come to those who wait, I had half a mind to tell him To leave and stop being so dim, To me, work is a sacred thing, Like saints and the Sabbath and a wedding ring, Oh yeah, it’s another working day, Middle 8 Taking inventory as the night divides the day, You know, I would not have it any other way V3) The reward of a thing well done Is to have done it and had fun, Some claim there is no fun to be had, Personally, they all sound stark raving mad, Well, it’s been nice chatting with you, Let’s reconvene when the workday is through, See you tonight. You bring our, Extra special Jenga tower, And I’ll bring our deck of cards, Give Suzy Lee my kind regards, Oh yeah, it’s another working day,
12) Welcome To The Night Shift
12) Welcome To The Night ShiftWelcome To The Night Shift V1) When the witching hour hovers over us and the mist is on the moor, We all march on time as church bells chime just like the night before With the rumble of heavy ordnance, we have no Achilles heel, Cos we got true grit and boiling spit and hearts of railroad steel You are welcome to the night shift when the saints go marching in, And the world is black as deadly sin V2) In the distance there is the howling sound of a wolf man in the dark, In this oily night, he’s earned his bite and, most of all, his bark Yes, I know it sounds kinda dubious, but I cannot tell a lie, All the things we’ve seen, mad and obscene, and beauty up on high You are welcome to the night shift where all nature’s gone berserk, Righty-ho lads, let’s get down to work V3) Well, we take the elevator or the stairs or the drainpipe, As the owls sound off in the night, Dusting a portrait of Edward Heath, And playing castanets upon a pair of false teeth, Sweeping like you’re playing a slide trombone, Until the handle starts to ignite, I’ll be laughing all the way down to the blood bank, Replacing my inhaler with a propane tank V4) With the tickity-tackity-tap of Fred Astaire’s shoes, We work whilst the people all have a little snooze, All that snoring sounds like 800, Pounds of nitro in a 4 poster bed, We can turn a tablecloth into a Superman cape, Jump out the window, make our escape, The crew of the Serenity has nothing on us, As we all surf away on a double decker bus Bass solo Repeat V4 except last line As we all surf away on a bus Outro You are welcome to the night shift now the east is turning blue, Now we say auf weidersehen to you
Song Of Storms / Song Of Time
Song Of Storms / Song Of TimeA medley of two songs from The Legend Of Zelda; Occarina Of Time played on acoustic guitar and acoustic mandolin.
1) Where The Adventures Will Be (The Wind Has Awoken)
1) Where The Adventures Will Be (The Wind Has Awoken)This is my 5 song submission for my Collaborative Songwriting module. Total length = 19.15 Co written with Stevie Rae Stephens. V1) Here, every day, I just find myself closing my eyes, There’s no fun to be had and there’s never any surprise, Far away are lands of beauty and who knows how many treasures wait for me, Oh, how I long to go where the adventures will be V2) Stars overhead fly likes doves from a long forgotten shore, Maybe they’ll show the way to new worlds that I can explore, Where there is no pain or sadness, where I can shout in pure and total glee, And spend the day out there where the adventures will be Middle 8 I remember a blue eyed girl, Winding the clouds around her fingers, Through her magical melody, Oh how that memory lingers V3) All of the world holds us in such a loving embrace, And yet I see no joy shining out of anyone’s face, Now the wind has awoken and a cloud atlas appears above the sea, I’ll take my chance to go where the adventures will be
2) Sailorman's Lullabye
2) Sailorman's LullabyeThis is my 5 song submission for my Collaborative Songwriting module. Total length = 19.15 Co written with Kirsty Folan. V1) Now, as the shore is far out of sight, Let the waves cradle you into the night, Resting your head on the endless blue wine, All of the stars and the moon start to shine V2) Tales of ships and songs of the sea, Sung on the Nile and on the Yangtze, Flowing like silver from rivers and streams, Into the ocean and into our dreams Chorus Peace be with you, my dear, Sleep until the morning sunrise, And the maritime birds mournful cries, Reel through your ears and brighten the skies, There is nothing to fear, I shall never leave your side, You know I would turn the tide, And sing the sailorman’s lullaby V3) Sails unfurl and dance up above, Like the trembling wings of a dove, Treasures worth more than one hundred kings, Wait for us where the mocking bird sings Chorus
3) The Heron
3) The HeronThis is my 5 song submission for my Collaborative Songwriting module. Total length = 19.15 Co written with Tamara Jaton. V1) Sunlight through the clouds came streaming, And in the manner of someone dreaming, I walked alone by the river’s edge with not a soul in sight, Then I saw a heron before me, In the shadow of a sycamore tree, Amongst the reeds, the cattails and the lilies pale and white V2) With eyes the hue of reddish garnet, The heron stood like patience incarnate, Wings of misty moonbeams tipped in deep Egyptian blue, Around his ankles swam some fishes, Like sixty silver wishes, Unaware of the danger they had gotten themselves into Middle 8 And, as if time was frozen by fear, Every detail became crystal clear, The ripples that flowed then faded away, The shades of red on the shades of grey The avian eyes that held me in place, The cruelty and the stately grace, Then time resumed, whereupon, I found the heron had gone V3) As the river in the sun was shining, I found myself in the shade reclining Against the sycamore to contemplate about fish and herons and all, Like the people all comprehending, The world through ebbs and flows never-ending, And the reaper waiting for a fate that no one can forestall
4) Train Song
4) Train SongThis is my 5 song submission for my Collaborative Songwriting module. Total length = 19.15 Co written with Lesley Hobbs. Intro Train is a’ leavin’, all aboard Let’s strike it rich and praise the lord V1) Gold rush up in the Bering Strait, Headline reached me just in time, Nothing in Missouri State, Gonna bet my luck down in their mines V2) Wife ain’t happy, baby cries, Stay an honest man, I’d rather die So I’m heading out to the midnight sun, I won’t be back, I’m on the run Can’t trust no-one Chorus Train is a leavin’, all aboard, Strike it rich, praise the lord Ghost town bound, last to know, I’ll be on my way before the rooster crows Middle 8 Ran out of steam, Land of broken dreams, Abandoned misery, Winds change bitterly Solo V3) Hit the saloon the drown the tale, Of my wish that fell in a dried up well, Not a speck of gold, not a piece, Trembling rebels, no relief, Can’t trust no-one x3 V4) One week’s pay is all I got, My past was better than I thought, Remembered my wife, she ain’t half bad, Baby’s cute, looks like his dad, Chorus + On my way when the rooster crows, I’m hometown bound, hurry up lets go
5) Last Train To Nowhere
5) Last Train To NowhereThis is my 5 song submission for my Collaborative Songwriting module. Total length = 19.15 Co written with Lesley Hobbs. V1) Mammy’s in the kitchen baking apple pie, Pappy’s straightening his bowtie, Sister’s in her bedroom ironing her dress, It sure looks pretty but I digress, They’ll be there when my journey ends, All of my family and my friends, Out where the world runs wild and free, You can see for miles by the fruit tree Chorus Keep your face in the sunlight, And keep your eyes out of the rain, You might not see the stars tonight, But I promise you’ll see then again V2) I thought for years they confined me, So I put them all behind me, Over the hills and far away, But I found to my dismay, I did not appreciate when I was younger, The pain of loneliness and hunger, I was alone when I woke up, With nothing but a fire to stoke up Chorus Middle 8 Following the midnight sun, Where the mighty rivers run, Through the fields of rye, Underneath the boiling sky, Past where the pine trees grow, Burning the candles low, On the edge of the earth, Is a great sense of mirth that I adore, I’m a stranger in a strange land nevermore! V3) The engines and ready, now say your prayers We have enough steam because there’s, Two up the front and one at the back, With lightning around her smokestack, I could neither dally nor dither, To take this chance. So, with a, Pack on my back and the wind in my hair, I’m on the last train to Nowhere Chorus
The A63This is my 6 Song Submission for my Songwriting Skills module.
Silent As The Grave
Silent As The GraveThis is my 6 Song Submission for my Songwriting Skills module.
Cherry Blossom Lines Either Side Of The Road
Cherry Blossom Lines Either Side Of The RoadThis is my 6 Song Submission for my Songwriting Skills module.
Silver Threaded Tapestry
Silver Threaded TapestryThis is my 6 Song Submission for my Songwriting Skills module.
Scarlet Leaves Under The September Sun
Scarlet Leaves Under The September SunThis is my 6 Song Submission for my Songwriting Skills module.
All Aboard The Hell - Bound Special (The 6 - 16 To Malebolge No.7)
All Aboard The Hell - Bound Special (The 6 - 16 To Malebolge No.7)This is my 6 Song Submission for my Songwriting Skills module.