SEEKINGVocalist, Rhythm Guitar, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Cello, Electronic Music.
I’ve been a drummer all my life, been in many bands, played many gigs and recorded several EPs/Albums.
Over the years though the family and day job has taken over and I’ve had less time (and space!) to play drums as much as I would like and as a result I started to play guitar a lot more at home, now to the point where I have a bunch of songs/ideas written. This has led to 2 itches which I need to scratch!:
1) I’d like to record an EP or Album in 2020. This is more for selfish reasons to be honest and not because I’m hoping to make any real success with it, but I figure if you’re a painter you can paint something nice and hang it on your wall and appreciate it. It’s obviously more difficult with music and I just want to make some of the stuff in my head more tangible!
2) I’d really like to play live again. I’ve lived without this since my primary band stopped being active, and again I’m not looking to go on any big DIY tours around the country, but I miss playing live and in one capacity or another I’d like to do it again.
So fundamentally I’m not really in a place where I’m looking to be super ambitious any more, those days are long gone and I have a good job and a young family to worry about! But music has always been my passion and the time is right to get back involved.
So here’s where you come in if any of the following are of interest:
- I’m keen to collaborate with any like minded musicians/writers/producers to either help me work on my own stuff, collaborate on your stuff, or just get together and see where it goes
- I’d love to get together with some people to help bring my songs together with the aim of playing live, or dare I say it, form a “band”.... Keyboards, synth, additional guitar, basic drums or electronic percussion would work really well. I’ve also always loved strings, so extra points if you can play cello!
- Generally if you just want to get together and mess around with some ideas with no pressure then I’m keen
In terms of genre I’ve played everything on drums so I have a wide appreciation. The stuff I’ve been writing recently on guitar though is relatively chilled, quite reverb heavy and melodic. I’ve done some rough recordings on Garage Band using a basic interface on my phone and added a couple of examples below.
If you’re interested then give me a shout!
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Nov 11 2019
- Active within 1 month
- Level of commitment:
- Moderately Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
A real mix, but in terms of the stuff I’ve been writing recently I’ve been listening to a lot of the xx, Art School Girlfriend, Bloc Party (the more recent more electronic stuff), London Grammar, anything with quite melodic guitar over more electronic beats seems to be where it’s going.
- Rhythm Guitar:
- Acoustic Guitar: