SEEKINGBand to Join, Accordion, Acoustic Guitar, Background Singer, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Cello, Clarinet, DJ, Dobro, Drums, Electronic Music, Fiddle, Flute, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Lead Guitar, Mandolin, Other, Other Percussion, Piano, Rhythm Guitar, Saxophone, Steel guitar, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Upright bass, Violin, Vocalist, Vocalist - Alto, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Soprano, Vocalist - Tenor.
I'm a 26 year-old drummer who is looking for a range of different opportunities, both in the function/wedding band scene and making new music with other creative musicians. I am highly professional and adept at my instrument and always keen to develop and learn from quality musicians, while bring plenty to the table in terms of consistency, quality and showmanship!
I have plenty of live experience and some recording experience. I have and continue to play consistently with a wedding band that I have been a permanent member of for over 3 years. I have performed in a variety of venues for many different types of audiences.
The cover band's repertoire is wide-ranging, featuring everything from soul and motown to indie, pop and dance tunes; while the originals band had developed indie/alt rock sound.
I am proficient at playing to a click and triggering samples with the Roland SPD-SX that I own.
Speaking of gear, I own a full, high quality drum kit along with the sample pad and can drive so have my own transport for my gear. You can see my full spec below in my equipment list.
I am happy to travel up to an hour or so, so if rehearsals are in Birmingham for example I am more than happy to drive there and can commit to one rehearsal a week at least. As far as gigging goes, I can travel longer than an hour if necessary.
I am happy to simple be a dep/stand-in if a band are short of a drummer for a one-off gig and am happy to be a consistent option for them, subject to my availability. I would also be happy to become a more permanent fixture in a cover band, however it is important to note that I am already a 'full-time' member of another covers band. Nevertheless, this doesn't mean I can't effectively be involved with another group, so feel free to get in touch with me!
As far as originals bands go, I am very open-minded and passionate about a lot of different genres of music. I have written lyrics, vocal melodies and drum parts and really love to dive into the creative process. You can see some of the bands/musicians that have influenced me below.
If you're interested in what I have to offer, let me know!
- Screen name:
- Sam Jackson Drums
- Member since:
- Aug 11 2016
- Active within 1 month
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 10 to 50
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Most available:
- All sorts of genres, from classic soul to modern indie, classic rock to modern pop hits, and everything in between!
- Follow new music closely
- Electronic artists such as Bonobo, Four Tet, Flying Lotus etc.
- Bands and artists like Foals, Sam Fender, Sundara Karma, The Night Cafe etc. (there's too many to name!)
- Jazz, world music, latin music all inspire me and I listen to anything and everything that I can
- Loads of the great drummers have had an impact on how I play the instrument and I love learning from playing with other musicians, it's part of what makes learning, writing and performing all music so brilliant
- Background Singer:
- 5 pc Pearl BLX Bordeaux Red
- Ludwig Acrolite 14" snare
- Zildjian A series cymbals (14" hi-hats, 16" MT crash, 18" MT crash, 22" crash/ride)
- Iron Cobra single bass pedal
- All hardware, sticks and accessories with cases for everything
- Drum mat and all gear marked out for easier and quicker set up