- Writer/bassist/rhythm guitarist originally from Derry.
- 15 year's experience in various styles of rock, blues and acoustic music, both live and in the studio, with click tracks or samples - and a special knack for writing and playing original music.
- Good level of technical ability, solid theory, a good voice and a way with a lyric.
- I learn fast and my ear's second to none, so if you've got any ideas give me a shout and we'll see about putting something together.
Catch me on Face-based socials at: James Hutcheon
Or on buyjebus(at)g mail(dot)com
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Nov 26 2009
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 6-7 nights a week
- Most available:
Anything involving Tom Waits, Josh Homme or Dave Grohl;
Radiohead, Hot Snakes, IDLES Future of the Left, Pink Floyd, Tool, KARP, Death From Above 1979, Fugazi, Jetplane Landing, PJ Harvey, David Bowie, The Clash, Modest Mouse, Pixies, The Frames/Glen Hansard, The National, John Prine, Gram Parsons, Randy Newman, Frank Turner...
Old blues, outlaw country, punk, groovy things from the '70s, most other things I come across.
2002-5: Jebus (Derry grunge band)
2006-8: Man Versus (Soundcloud: /manversus)
2008-9: Troupe de Bacchus
2009-11 (on and off): The Shock (Shock) Horror Band
2011-12: Bugs in Ember (Soundcloud: /bugsinember)
2012-13: Mask of Bees (Bandcamp: maskofbees); Dose (Soundcloud: /dose-manchester)
2013-14: Shotgun Sunday (FB: /shotgunsundayrock)
2015-7: The Liberals (FB: /theliberalsband)
2017-8: Run in Red (runin.red)
2018- : Freelance - remote session work
- Bass Guitar:
- Rhythm Guitar:
Fender/Schecter/Dean basses, TC Electronic amps, various effects; working ears and fingers.