SEEKINGBand to Join, Accordion, Acoustic Guitar, Background Singer, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Cello, Clarinet, DJ, Dobro, Drums, Electronic Music, Fiddle, Flute, Harmonica, Harp, Keyboard, Lead Guitar, Mandolin, Other, Other Percussion, Piano, Rhythm Guitar, Saxophone, Steel guitar, Trombone, Trumpet, Ukulele, Upright bass, Violin, Vocalist, Vocalist - Alto, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Soprano, Vocalist - Tenor.
Currently Resident Band Leader & Pianist on board Cunard's Queen Victoria for the Queen's Room Orchestra (January 2020 till present).
- Resident Pianist on board Cunard's Queen Victoria for the Queen's Room Orchestra (September 2013 till Jan November 2019).
- Resident Pianist on board Cunard's Queen Mary 2 for the Queen's Room Orchestra (July 2011 till June 2013).
- Jazz, Latin Jazz. Salsa & Brazilian Music Pianist in Birmingham and throughout the UK, since 1999.
- Played in Birmingham and throughout the UK with own Latin Jazz group, the Edgar Macias Latin Jazz Quartet/Quintet, which combines different styles, from mainstream jazz and hard bop to latin jazz and Salsa.
- Pianist with various artists in Birmingham and the UK music scene and international artists such as David Murray, Hal Singer (former Ellington's sax player), Wynton Marsalis, drum educator Jim Chapin, The Swingle Singers with Don Lusher, Jean Toussaint, Peter King, Alan Barnes, Steve Waterman, Don Weller, Bobby Wellings, Tony Levin (Tubby Hayes' former drummer), Simon Spillett. Worked regularly for Andy Hamilton’s band and accompanied then top tenor sax Scott Hamilton (USA), tap dancer Will Gaynes, violinist Omar Puente and trombonist Dennys Baptiste, among others.
-Toured Spain with Tito Gómez (former Ray Barretto´s singer) & The Bilongo All Star’s (London based salsa band).
-Co-wrote and recorded the music for the short film “The Wild Party” which participated in Arts Fest 2006.
-Wrote arrangements for a Small Big Band and Recorded on the piano for one episode of British Series ¨Doctors¨ and two episodes for ¨Land Girls¨.
- In Venezuela, played under the direction of acclaimed conductors, as a leading pianist of the Moises Moleiro Philharmonic Band in Caracas - Venezuela, such as saxophonist Loren Schöenberg from New York (writer of 52nd Street Themes column in Jazz UK magazine) and Juan Carlos Núñez, Aldemaro Romero from Venezuela.
- Played with Latin/Pop artists from Venezuela, such as Evio Di Marzo, Kiara & Yordano Di Marzo.
-Played with internationally recognised Venezuelan & Latin American artists such as Toña Granados, Arnaldo Pizzolante, Jesús Sevillano and the Puerto Rican Chucho Avellanet.
-Played with the Venezuelan Symphony Orchestra in two opportunities, one at the keyboard under the direction of British director Julian Bigg (Musicals repertoire), and on another opportunity at the piano under the direction of Venezuelan Composer Aldemaro Romero (concert of his compositions).
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Jun 08 2020
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 6-7 nights a week
Classical, Jazz, Latin Jazz, Brazilian Music, Salsa
Roland RD-700GX, Roland Fanthom, Roland KC-300 Amplifier, Shure SM-58 Microphone, Shure SM-57 Microphone.