1960s-influenced Pop/Rock band, Newcastle/Liverpool
The Pre-Amps are a 4-piece 1960s-influenced Pop / Rock band from Newcastle upon Tyne who have recently moved to live part-time in Liverpool, the home of Merseybeat, while studying Music Production at Edge Hill University in Ormskirk.
They specialise in performing covers from the 1960s, covering the likes of The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Small Faces, The Who, The Kinks, The Hollies and The Monkees to name but a few, whilst combining distinctive surf-style vocal harmonies, retro Mod style and Rock ‘N’ Roll instrumentation to create a real retro experience that’s sure to get you up dancing!
Known locally for their impressive vocal harmonies, The Pre-Amps have made a big impression on the North East music scene since touring the local pub/club circuit and are currently furthering this in the North West.
They gained great exposure after playing on the front stage at the world-famous Cavern Club, Liverpool for the first time in March 2018 and supported the Small Fakers in the Cavern Club Live Lounge in March 2019, subsequently being asked to return on several occasions.
The band’s self-produced 2017 and 2019 ‘Covers’ albums have been received very well and have been highly praised worldwide for capturing the essence of the times and reminding people of “the good old days”.
The Pre-Amps’ first original single ‘Doesn’t Change’ was released on The Label Recordings on 19th December 2019.
Debut single 'Doesn't Change' OUT NOW on all music platforms (Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, Deezer, Napster etc.) Follow this link to access the tack on these platforms: https://ditto.fm/doesnt-change. Please get in touch to order your physical copy on CD.
- Screen name:
- The Pre-Amps
- Member since:
- Jan 14 2017
- Active within 2 weeks
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Available to gig:
- 4-5 nights a week
- 20 years
The Beatles, The Beach Boys, The Hollies, Small Faces, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Kinks, The Monkees, Status Quo etc.
Members Of Band
Lyndon Philliskirk: Vocals, keyboards.
Rob Gray: Vocals, bass guitar.
Kelvin Banks: Vocals, guitars.
Scott Charlton: Vocals, drums.
• Nord Stage 2 keyboard
• Epiphone ES-339 guitar
• Hofner Ignition Violin bass
• Ashdown RM 500 Amplifier
• 2012 Epiphone Viola bass
• 1981 Ibanez Blazer bass
• 2013 Fender Mustang bass
• 2012 Epiphone Jack Casady Signature bass
• 2017 Rickenbacker 4003/s bass
• 2018 Home-made fretless green violin bass
• 1966 Vox Wyman bass
• 2019 Gibson SG bass
• 1961 Framus Star 5/149 bass
• 1967 Vox V-250 bass
• 2017 Danelectro 58 Longhorn bass
• 2017 Fender Standard Precision bass
• 1964 Framus Star 5/150 bass
• 2010 Hofner 500/2 Club bass (Formerly owned by Steve Cradock of Ocean Colour Scene, Paul Weller band, The Specials etc. and then given to Andy Bennett when he joined Ocean Colour Scene.)
• 2004 Fender Highway 1 Jazz bass
• Vox AC30 C2 Amplifier
• 2016 Epiphone Casino Coupe guitar
• 2015 Gibson ES-339 guitar
• 2016 Gibson SG Standard guitar
• Late 1990s Danelectro 56 U2 Reissue guitar
• 2018 Gretsch Electromatic G5421 guitar
• Epiphone SG (custom painted - purple)
• 'Carrie Anne' custom painted 'Stratocaster' guitar
• Harley Benton 12-string guitar
Gretsch Jim Dandy acoustic guitar
• 2018 Epiphone DR-212 12-string acoustic guitar
• 2018 Fender Classic Series 1960s Telecaster (Custom painted - Forest Green)
• 2003 Rickenbacker 360/12 guitar
• 2015 Danelectro 58 Longhorn guitar
• 2017 Fender Classic Player Series 1960s Stratocaster
• 2007 Hofner Contemporary Series Club guitar
• Vox Teardrop Mark VI guitar
• Gretsch Catalina Club drum kit
• Fender Stratocaster guitar
• Epiphone J200 acoustic
Paperback Writer Track number: 1 Year: 2017 Album: Covers Genre: Classic Rock
Our cover of Paperback Writer by The Beatles from our 2017 'Covers' album.
Doesn't ChangeOur first single released on The Label Recordings. Recorded at Parr Street Studios, Liverpool on Wednesday 13th November 2019. Produced by Chris Taylor and Carl Hunter.