SEEKINGBand to Join.
Experienced sax player: I play Tenor, Alto, Baritone and Soprano saxes and am looking for gigs and studios sessions, festivals, events, functions, residencies; either dep work if your regular sax player is unable to get to the gig, OR as a FULL TIME member for the "right band".
Its almost better to be in the "wrong band" at the right time, than the "right band" at the wrong time!!! So far I am still looking for that nebulous "right band" and the "right time"...
I also play a midi wind synthesizer, Blues harmonica and 'some' percussion. I play all styles, but prefer pop, soul, funk, blues and light jazz and have 23+ years experience playing, the last 11 working at Pro level.
For some more audio samples in different styles, check out:
- Screen name:
- Sax Player
- Member since:
- Oct 18 2011
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Infuences? More like Artists I like to listen to...
David Sandborn, Stan Getz, David Sanchez, Miles Davis, Maceo Parker, Zoot Sims, Herbie Hancock, Sergio Mendes, Leon Parker, B.B.King, Howlin Wolf, Sonny Boy Williamson, Etta James, Keb Mo, Jack Johnson, Chick Corea, Boney James, Cannonball Adderley, Stanley Turrentine, Gerald Albright, Stevie Wonder, Commodores, Grover Washington, Nat King Cole ... and so it goes...
- Yamaha YAS62 Alto Sax (very funky!)
- Buescher Aristocrat Big B Tenor Sax (fat tone - great for rnr, and rock numbers)
- Yanagisawa curved Soprano sax (sweet sound - very expressive)
- Plus a brand new Baritone Sax (with a gravelly, raw bellow that just won't quit!)
- 10 hole diatonic Harmonicas (all keys), Green Bullet mic plus Blackstar HT5 amp.
- Yamaha Wx5 Wind Synth (provides diversity of sound choice)
- High D and C Chieftain whistles (nice for folk, or to add variety)
- Conga, Djembe, Bata hand drums (not a pro in this area, but can hold a decent rhythm)
- Slot or tongue drum (lovely rhythmic and melodic sound - in F pentatonic)
Lord of Liars!
Lord of Liars! Track number: 1 Year: 2012 Album: Phantom T Jam
Original track by Phill Wickens (extraordinary writer and musician). Terry Black on Alto Sax (solo recorded in one take - no drop ins).
Roundabout Track number: 2 Year: 2002 Album: You, Me & Us
First take, fully improvised, no drop ins...
Wishing Well Track number: 3 Year: 2012 Album: You Me & Us
"Noodling" around on my Penny Whistle (first take - unaltered)