SEEKINGBand to Join.
Thank you for looking at my profile.
I’m a very experienced ex-pro bass player. Now looking for a band to join.
Country, Jazz-Standards, Swing Big Band, Blues, Pop, Folk, . . . . Any of the above of great interest.. . . but I’m happy to hear from any project that is gigging, large or small.
For the past few years I’ve been running a successful function band which I set up from scratch, (see Tangerine Scene video here). I hand picked the musicians from auditions, produced the studio recordings, edited the videos, ran sales and marketing and arranged the music - usual band leader stuff. (Also played the Hammond on Gimmie some Lovin on the video).
Now, having also retired from the day job (Head of Academy at Harlow College) I’m looking for something easier on the musical front, . . . take a back seat and just enjoy playing the bass in someone else’s gigging band.
That said I’d be interested in applying my entrepreneurial skills in the function market to something smaller such as a Jazz Trio
- Tangerine Scene - semi pro - bass & band leader
- The Bullfrog Blues Band - bass and band leader 20 years
- The Lizards - pro Cajun band 6 years - played bass, helped them get a record deal, we released Promised Land on vinyl on the Festival Records label in 1990, . . . touring, TV, Radio (John Peel played it a lot bless him)
- Spellbound - 15 to 18 years old, well know semi pro rock band on the Birmingham circuit in the 70s. Supported some reasonably big names.
- Various blues, funk and country bands here and there. (The Shoop Shoop Zoochie Boogie Band while I was at University a hundred years ago was a belter !)
I can be found at
- Screen name:
- Noel - Bass
- Member since:
- Dec 27 2017
- Active within 24 hours
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
Andy Fraser, Andy Fraser and Andy Fraser.
Did I mention Andy Fraser?
Jazz - the American Song Book, Ray Brown, MJQ, Charlie, Theloneus, Ella, Frank, Cole, too many . . . recently discovered Beegie Adair
Country stuff . . . Dwight, Wllie, Merle, Waylon, Johnny, Ray, .. the usual old school
Pop - see the Tangerine Scene set list on the video . . . stuff I grew up with.
Rock - the usual . . . Purple, Zeppelin, Free
Classical - the Italian Operas, Beethoven, some Delius, Chopin, and of course . . . as Chuck Berry said, “whatever any of us come up with Motzart already did it”
- Bass Guitar:
57 USA Pecision
2015 USA Fender Jazz Deluxe
2017 Rickenbscker 4003
2015 Gibson Les Paul
2018 Gibson 330
Mark Bass, TC and Fender amplification
Peavey 600w PA with foldback
and ... “Yes Mr Katz, I have a car”