- Member #
- Member since
- 6 Dec 2011
- Last activity record:
- Active over 1 month ago
- Instruments played:
- Fiddle, Other, Flute, Background Singer, Violin
- Folk, Jazz, Acoustic
- Screen name:
- Hel_ Lefever
- Nottinghamshire, England, NG5
- 29 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 4-5 nights a week
- Most available:
Looking for: freelance work (paid and non-paid) in and around Nottingham.
Can travel to: London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, Lincoln, Derby, Cambridge and similar providing transport costs will be covered.
Professional qualifications(Associated Board of the Royal School of Music):
* Violin - Grade 8 (high merit)
* Flute - Grade 8 (pass)
* Piccolo - Grade 8 approx but do not own one
* Theory of music - Grade 5
* Music A/S Level
Styles of music: Acoustic, folk, rock, alternative, soul, swing, indie, heavy metal, blues, jazz, dance, religious; I am very versatile so whatever you need I should be able to provide!
Available for: Anything
The way I work: If you have a particular track already written that you need a fiddle or flute for then you can email me the sheet music, or a raw recording, and I can learn it within a few hours or days (depending on the complexity of it). Am also able to develop ideas, i.e. bring in different harmonies, improvise etc. As long as I am kept informed of any changes within the song before the gig or recording then only 1 practice run through should be necessary.
Will do: live gigs, studio recording, song development.
My rates: I will work for free if I think the work will be fun and or rewarding & if you can pay my travel expenses. Otherwise £10 an hour. If you can't afford travel expenses then contact me anyway - I may still be interested!
Teaching: Available for beginner's flute and violin. Contact me to discuss your needs.
Experience: Have done over 100 live gigs and 4 tours.
* 1998-2001 'String Appeal' (charity group)- 1st & 2nd violin leader
* 1998-2002 North Herts' Youth Orchestra-2nd violin leader.
* 1999-2002 Nobel School Orchestra-leader and some conducting exp.
* 1999-2002 Nobel School Jazz Band-lead flute & jazz violin
* 1999-2001 Herts' Schools' Symphony Orchestra-1st violin-toured in Paris & performances in Herts & London.
* 2000-2004 Herts' County Youth Orchestra - 2nd violin - toured in Germany & Poland. Performed in The Royal Albert Hall, Royal College of Music, Southbank, The Barbican.
* 2001-Piccolo part in the Nobel School production of 'Oliver'.
* 2005-2006 Helped to set up the Nottingham Trent University Musicians' Society, lead violin and Social Exec.
* 2006 - Tendring Caprice Orchestra - 2nd violin leader - toured in Lahr, Germany.
* 2007 -2010 BSc Psychology and MSc Psychology + travelling and working abroad, so not much time for music unfortunately!
* 2011 - Current violinist in Will Jeffrey's band The Wild Gentry; http://www.facebook.com/willjefferymusician?sk=app_204974879526524
Go here: http://www.peterstark.co.uk/ps/sounds/elgar.mp3
for a recording of Elgar's Violin Concerto by my previous orchestra, with soloist David Greed & conductor Peter Stark.
Life, love, pain, hope, fear, courage, passion; the adventure of being alive!
Musical influences: Elgar, Rachmaninov, Bach, Tchaikovsky, Tippet, Frank, Handel, Haydn, Vanessa Mae, Barber, Stephane Grappelli, Mozart, Yehudi Menuhin, Nigel Kennedy, Takako Nishizaki, Bartok, Brahms, Beethoven, Paganini, Mendelssohn.
Ben Harper, Incubus, Skunk Anansie, Sikth, Tommy Emmanuel, Frou Frou, Feist, Tina Dico, Goo Goo Dolls, Bob Marley, Johnny Cash, Azure Ray, Deftones, Einaudi, Hinder, Holly Lerski, Ingrid Michaelson, Laura Marling, Sia, Jocasta Sleeps, Imogen Heap, Regina Spektor, Lou Rhodes, Luke Pickett, Massive Attack, Biffy Clyro, Cara Dillon, Seth Lakeman.
Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Ella Fitzgerald, Herbie Hancock, Duke Ellington, George Gershwin, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, Stéphane Grappelli, Django Reinhardt, Regina Carter.
- Acoustic / classical violin, with a professional pick up.
- Miyazawa flute